.

.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Jackson, NH - How I Love Thee

It's that time of year, when Jill and I head up to Jackson, NH to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This tradition started a few years back, when my best friend, Pat and his wife, Kristen, introduced us to this town. It didn't take long for us to fall in love with it. It is definitely the town I wished I lived in, surrounded by the beautiful mountains and a simpler pace for life. Maybe it is a misconception of mine, but I feel the rat race ceases to exist up there, which I admire. Someday, Jill and I will retire to this quaint little town and live life to its fullest.

The Jackson Covered Bridge

Each year that we make the ride up there, we try to get a couple hikes in. A few years back, before we were really into hiking all that much, we did Arethusa Falls. Last year, we hiked Iron Mountain and Mount Willard. This past January, we slapped on the snowshoes, and stomped down to Diana's Baths. This year, we plan to take on Franconia Ridge before heading over to Jackson. Later in the week, we will most likely take on a smaller peak for fun like Black Cap or Cave Mountain. We also plan to check out Evan's Notch based on a suggestion from a friend.

Jackson Falls

It's funny how Jackson is the place where we celebrate our anniversary and that Pat and Kristen are the ones who introduced us to it. I say this because, just a couple weeks back, Jill and I had the honor to taking part in their beautiful wedding, in Jackson, NH! It's truly a special place. I certainly love it there and can't wait head up tomorrow. Happy anniversary hunny!



Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Karl, you are so right about Jackson. There's something different about this place. And it's not just the pace. It's far enough away from the hustle and bustle and traffic of North Conway and yet close enough for the convenience.

    I've been here nearly a year and a half now and plan to make it my permant home as well.

    Enjoy your stay in Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom,

    I envy you and Atticus for moving up there. I hope to make it my permanent home one day too. Someday!!!

    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm honored to be mentioned in the blog! I am so happy you & Jill love Jackson like Pat & I. When we retire, hopefully we'll all be neighbors. And when I say "retire", I mean next year... :)

    ReplyDelete