.

.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Live Free and Hike NH on TrailsNH.com


This past weekend, I received an email from a gentleman named Kimball, who is the creator of the site TrailsNH.com. For those of you who have not had the privilege of visiting this site, let me just tell you it’s awesome! Kimball has designed the interface to pull recent trip reports (within the last 12 months and updating daily) from other sources such as Views From The Top, New England Trail Conditions and various other sites. There’s an interactive map (powered by Google) that shows you the location of your searched trail. The terrain for the map is even available in topographical format with trails. Also, you’re able to sign up for “Trail Watch” which allows the site to send trail updates directly to your inbox. The site covers more than just New Hampshire too. It covers the Whites, Adirondacks, Catskills, etc. There are many other cool features on this site which I have not listed, so please go check out TrailsNH.com and explore.

Actual screen shot of a search I did for Cardigan using MyTopo terrain

So why did Kimball email me? He was notifying me that Live Free and Hike NH will now have trip reports (most recent of course) fed into the site. I was very excited about this and was happy that my blog could help with content for TrailsNH. If you have a blog, you can be a part of it too. There’s a blog submission form right on the homepage.

You can look through my trip reports on TrailsNH here. You can also find a Trails NH User Group on Facebook, which Kimball also set up!

Pulled from the Facebook User Group Page, Mt Washington stats at a point in time


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment