.

.

Friday, May 13, 2011

New Patches On My Daypack

I’ve decided to add a little bling-bling to my hiking pack this year. I purchased a couple patches to sew onto the outside of my daypack to show my support for a few organizations.

The first was a Views From The Top patch which I believe is still available to members. However, they will only be available for a limited time. Once they are gone, VFTT may not make any more for a while to come. If you’re a VFTT member, you can find out how to order one here.

The second is a Mount Washington Observatory patch. I purchased this through the Mount Washington Observatory website shop. A link to this product is here.

Putting these patches on was not as easy as I expected. I stuck myself at least a hundred times and then burnt myself with the iron. I decided to both sew these as well as use the glue adhesive on the back to make extra sure I would not lose them on the trail. What do you think? They look pretty good, don’t they???

If you see this pack with these patches on the trail, don’t hesitate to say hello!




Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

  1. Those look sweet. I used to hate to sew patches on things although I was pretty good at it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally get your blog logo made into a patch and sew it on too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look great and I agree, I'd put your logo on my pack too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to get some patches made - any idea who would make some custom patches?

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice patches! I have used the same day pack for 14 years and have put many patches on it along the way; many from the AMC huts. They are a great conversation starter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim / gpmeakin - You now have me thinking about it. I've been dabbing around the idea of making stickers for cars too. I'll keep you posted if I ever make this a reality.

    Kim@Snug Harbor - I would check Cafe Press. I know they do customer stickers and tee shirts. I'm guessing they do patches too!

    Anonymous - Thanks!

    Grant - That's awesome. I think I'm going to take after your lead and start patching up my pack...this is just the beginning!

    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job. Sewing on patches can be a pain - I've done many for customers. I fuse and then stitch by machine, but it still is a tough job requiring a heavy duty needle.

    ReplyDelete